Friday 9 December 2022

Memorable trip to National School of Drama.


National School of Drama (NSD) is a theatre training institute situated at New DelhiIndia. Initially it was set up in 1959 by the Sangeet Natak Akademi and lately in 1975 it became an independent school for theatre studies.

I started to perform different plays from a very young age. From that time itself I wanted to visit NSD. In the year 2013 I joined Seagull Theatre under the guidance of Bhagirathi bai Kadam and Baharul Islam. After a year I got the most awaited opportunity to go to NSD and to perform a show in a Children Theatre Festival ‘Jashne Bachpan’ . On 8thNovember 2014,I along with my 24 batch mates and our director Bhagirathi, boarded the train and unfortunately we reached Delhi 12hrs late on 10th November at Anand Vihar Station. NSD provided us a beautiful hotel ‘USI Premises’, we reached there, freshened up ourselves and left for NSD. The moment I stood in front of the main gate of the institution, I found myself at my dreamland, a place where I actually belong. It was a wonderful and proud moment for me. After two stage rehearsals, we took our lunch and got ready for the final show which was staged on ‘Abhimanch’ at 6pm.

Our show ‘Geete Gathe Milan Mala’ achieved to be one of the most appreciated and also a houseful show of National Children Theatre Festival Jashne Bachpan 2014. We were ecstatic and proud of our performance. Our ma’am took us for dinner to celebrate our success. The next day we went in sightseeing and


in the evening we went to watch a show performed by another theatre group.

It was an amazing experience and a dream come true to perform a show in a nationally acclaimed stage and in front of such well known personalities. It was a lifetime opportunity for everyone of us. It will be unfair and unfortunate if I fail to thank Baharul Islam and Bhagirathi of Seagull Theatre, who molded me into the character and bought us into the limelight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unemployment Woes in India: A Mass Communication Student’s Perspective

As a student diving into the intricate world of Mass Communication, we’re not just a spectator but a shaper of narratives, a voice amid the ...