Friday 9 December 2022

A journey comes to an end

 


-"Admist the chaos of world, there are good people who genuinely inspire"....It was the very first day of my University life, as I was never convinced to study in Gauhati University.I was in dilemma whether choosing Communication and Journalism would be a perfect thing for me or not.Adding onto it, I was completely down after  what I did my first class in the department. With a little excitement and a lot of fear about what kind of friends I get ,something that had shaken me after I met the Head of the Department Professor Ankuran Dutta.

It was frightful, the very first class and a statement that he made, "It will be highly appreciated if you don't call me" made me ponder how would I learn under this person for the next two years. After the end of the class I saw silence in everyone's face.It was somewhere in the first week, I wasn't well and for some reason I had to smile looking at my friend's face,Sir,while taking his class noticed me and got distracted and angrily left the class. It was unexpected, my friends had to console a frightened and sad me. One thing that kept on striking my mind was that in the time when everyone was trying to make an impression, I had lost mine in the very first week.
    
Days passed and I  wondered  whether the subject and the department was right for me, slowly di-saturated the classes done by Ankuran sir really attracted me. I admired his thoughts, the way he spoke and most importantly the way he expressed his thoughts. After I got to know about his journey I was very fascinated. He is a man between struggle and success, the person seemed so interesting that after the end of one hour of his class, I felt like I wanted a little more. Gradually he became a person I admired.
     
But suddenly a news shattered me Ankuran sir was about to leave. I realised that I was going to get him for the last few days inside the formal classroom. The fears I had after the first time suddenly turned into tears after knowing his departure. Just when I could connect to him so well. The time came when I had to bid him Adieu !
     
Farewell Dr.Ankuron Dutta sir with this self satisfaction that good things and good people stays for a very short period of time.I had to convince myself that whatever time I got him, I learnt a lot about life. Wherever he goes for work,he definitely will carry forward his spark.

I wish sir all the best of the future and pray almighty that he  gets
all the happiness he deserves.

-SPAINI BARMAN, 1ST SEMESTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unemployment Woes in India: A Mass Communication Student’s Perspective

As a student diving into the intricate world of Mass Communication, we’re not just a spectator but a shaper of narratives, a voice amid the ...