Sunday 27 November 2022

The most awaited Hostel life

A number of iconic films have been based out of the experiences of hostel life, starting from Three Idiots, to Chitchore. Most of these films have a slice of life and tries to deliver an honest update on this. For me, Hostel life is the best part of life. I always wanted to experience hostel life as I have grown up hearing a lot many stories about it. It is often said that when you learn to live in a hostel,you learn how to face half of the struggles in life. Kanaklata Baruah RCC 7 Girls'Hall is the name of my University Hostel. Ours is 1st floor - "Junaki Kareng". For the first time in my life I experienced living together with a senior who made me feel welcomed and treated me like a sister. Suddenly from being a messy girl piling up a stack of cloths upon a chair to being very particular and disciplined with time and arranging things was one of the first lessons that I learned living in the hostel. It is here that I learned how to become sincere. Waking up at the morning, having quick breakfast, going for classes from 10 Am to 4 Pm, coming back to the hostel, waiting for the pray bell's sound at 6pm to have tea, followed by study hours and dinner brought in the much needed discipline. In between, there are a lot many suprising cultural events which brings everyone together and breaks the monotomy. The continuous extracurricular activities interests me to perform passionately and sometimes as a human being I feel I need rest too. ‘GM’, the word which instils the hostellers with the sense of fear means ‘General Meeting’. This happens usually at the late hours and continues upto early morning leads to rebuking of juniors by the seniors. But this also leads to a number of important decisions. In the race of all competitions, I don’t know how I ended up being one of the finalist on the Best freshers of Gauhati University. Before stepping onto the stage, the nervousness was too overwhelming, my heartbeat was loud but the moment I saw my hostellers standing infront of me, cheering my name loudly gave me the strength and confidence to perform. I felt a bit emotional by seeing the happy faces of my hostellers. Here I witnessed the bonding of hostel life which I often heard off. I received the crown of "Best Fresher's of Gauhati University 2022" (inter hostel). As a boarder, I have experienced only four months of hostel life which can't be enough to describe how you feel and what you learnt by living in a hostel. But it surely develops a sense of courage within us to fight for our people and our family that is our ‘Hostel’. Spaini Barman, Ist Semester

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unemployment Woes in India: A Mass Communication Student’s Perspective

As a student diving into the intricate world of Mass Communication, we’re not just a spectator but a shaper of narratives, a voice amid the ...