Wednesday 30 November 2022

GAUHATI UNIVERSITY, ENTRANCE AND ME

As soon as you complete your under graduation program, a big question arises as to ,"What's next?" Not only the people around you ask this question but the mind also requires clarity for this. Especially, if you have to choose one out of so many uncertainties. I completed my graduation in the year 2021 in English Major but then by the end of this course, I realised that it's wasn’t my cup of tea. The 2 years of the pandemic shattered my confidence and I decided to take another course of action in the last semester. The classes were conducted on an online basis and as my hometown had very poor internet connectivity, one can imagine how tough it was for me to tackling all the semesters. Although I scored enough marks in all the papers but according to me it was not enough. Finally after many do's and don’ts , I made a list of what I liked and what I didn't, understood what qualities I had and what I didn't. Finally the internet helped me zero down on, "Mass Communication" Yes the turning point of my life. Searching for a good institution from where I can pursue the course .I listed so many universities and then I filled up the entrance forms of two Universities , yes of course Gauhati University was my first preference. I had no idea about the course and then when the exam came tunately I was not selected. I wanted to join the department of Communication and Journalism in Gauhati University, after a year finally Gauhati University announced its upcoming entrance exams notification that to be held . I filled up the form in only Gauhati University because it appeared as the most viable and practical option. And then I appeared for the second time, this time it was very tough for me different thing was hitting in my mind . I sat for the exam. And then on 2nd August 2022 a mail popped up from the HOD of Communication and Journalism Dr.Ankuran Dutta Sir inviting me to appear for the second stage of the entrance that was our viva session. I was so happy getting the mail , I can't explain my happiness at that moment I felt that I got the seat . Then I finally appear the viva session and it went well,waited for almost 5-6 days for the final result to come ,the final cut off and The seat holders. On 9th August 2022 around 9 pm I got my results and finally this girl secured the 11th rank among all the 300 aspirants who appeared for the entrance in the subject of Communication and Journalism in Gauhati University. Finally I was able to grab the seat after a wait of 1 year and now as a 1st semester students of the department here I shared my whole experience of entering to the department . Yes it was a beautiful and tough journey. It made me realise that nothing is easy, to get something you really have to work hard for sure. 

 Jini Disha Kapil,1st semester, Communication and Journalism

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unemployment Woes in India: A Mass Communication Student’s Perspective

As a student diving into the intricate world of Mass Communication, we’re not just a spectator but a shaper of narratives, a voice amid the ...