Wednesday 7 April 2021

The buzz... .

Today while I was traveling to Gauhati University by bus, I was looking outside the window and many thoughts ran through my mind. The busy life of the Guwahati city always amazes me with its charisma, aura and chaos. The beauty of the city is seriously beyond words. Everytime I look in and around me I'm awestruck by the natural beauty it holds.. There is so much to talk about the city. The people, the lifestyle ,the street food and everything else . The busy streets full of traffic and children going to school amomg many other daily hustle and bustle. The tourist attraction, specially the Kamakhya temple attracts people to thcity. The city has so many places to go to. Gandhi mandap which gives us a complete view of the beautiful Guwahati and the pleasing breeze that accompanies us there. Nehru Stadium and Sarusajai Stadium are sporting areanas giving an oppurtunity to the people to explore thier sporting talents. When we step into G.S Road, the crowd, the malls, and the traffic attracts us with its vibrancy. Although we the traffic brings everything to a standstill, but it's also the very life of the city.The colourfull streets of fancy bazaar with a myriad hues of products fancy and pleasing to the eye, the buses jam packed but more than eager to accomodtae brings in a unique element to its soul.The night life of Guwahati city is really beautiful and fasinating . It holds a different feeling altogether. One can definitely and easily fall in love with the city without any doubt. . While I was thinking and laughing and giggling all my myself remembering all the things, with my headphones on with a soothing song playing in my jio saavan, I realized that I've finally reached my destination, our beloved Gauhati University! The scenic beauty it holds is soo mesmerizing. However, the rise of COVID-19 cases in Assam or in India makes me terrified since, it has impacted a lot in the education scenario. The classes the exams everything was online few months ago and I'm afraid that if it happens again it would impact the student's life . It's not possible to learn everything online. The classes in university is much more interactive and interesting . COVID-19 has literally has put our life into a standstill and the most bizzare impact it had was on our economy as well as on the education sector. Well, now I am enjoying my offline classes with mask on and santization but I hope that things get normal soon and should there be another lockdown the life in the city and the student in us would be suffering its impact again. So I put mask on and get to my department. A safer me would be a safer city and a safer us. Thinking about this I reached my department and its time for my classes. Byee Plabita Chakraborty Ist Semester

3 comments:

Unemployment Woes in India: A Mass Communication Student’s Perspective

As a student diving into the intricate world of Mass Communication, we’re not just a spectator but a shaper of narratives, a voice amid the ...